Pages

Thursday 2 July 2020

Matariki

Kia ora,

This week our Teacher let us learn about Matariki and we had to answer questions and I hope the question find easy for you to learn to. Have fun reading

What I enjoyed : answering the question
What I need to improve on : answer a bit more



  1. What is Matariki


Matariki is a Maori Celebration, that Celebrates Maori New Year


  1. When do the Matariki stars appear


The Matariki stars appear In late May early June


  1. What is harvest Season


Harvest is in winter and it’s when people store food for the next coming winter.


  1. What a these words mean in Te Reo Maori


Pataka kai, storehouse


Hakari, Feast


Whenua, land


Whanau, Family


Whakapapa, ancestors


  1. Write one way people celebrate Matariki


They have feasts, People come together to remember their past and ancestors.
People can plan their own whanau and Whenua and to share their own stories and songs


  1. During Matariki, people celebrate with songs music food dance and Family true or false


True


  1. What stories to you think Maori shared their lines

Stories about my own past about Family and friends and food songs


  1. Name a celebration that is important to you, when it’s celebrated like you


Christmas because it’s important for Jesus to celebrate when he’s born


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.