Pages

Friday 17 April 2020

Home science

Today Our Teacher let us do changes in matter (home science) at home and I was thinking I was doing color changing milk and it's cool after the results.

A chemical change results from a chemical reaction, while a physical change is when matter changes forms but not chemical identity.

Examples:
Chemical changes are burning, cooking, rusting, and rotting
Physical changes are boiling, melting, freezing and shredding

And my Color changing milk is Physical Changes because when I put the food coloring in it melts away and spread away around the plate with the milk

Have a go at doing this experiment it's fun
Color changing milk

What I've enjoyed : working on this experiment and how fun it is
What i need to improve on : Add more colors to the milk


This is what mine looks like after the test.


3 comments:

  1. hi sara i like the results and how all your instruction were thier and i did the same thing as you to
    and maybe like add pictures of the ingredients and and why does it have a chemical reaction
    kind regard Tini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tini,
      Thanks for commenting on my blog, I don't have any pictures only that one and their's no chemical reaction to it

      Delete
    2. Hi Sara,

      Well done completing this activity. I glad you enjoyed it. This experiment was a tricky one to decide whether it was a chemical or physical reaction. It's actually a chemical reaction as the dishwashing liquid interacts with the milk.

      Keep up the great blogging.

      Ms Wilton

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.